THE REASON & DESIGN
RIGHT SIDE SWAGGER
There’s a phrase in the dyslexia community that says, “Dyslexia is my superpower.” It’s intended to help those who have dyslexia (and those who don’t, really) understand that even though their brain may be wired differently, and yes, that brings challenges, because it is wired differently it also has strengths. Those strengths are what propel many dyslexics to be amazing actors, entrepreneurs, scientists, and so much more. The right side of their brain is quite literally different, and often “super” in comparison to a “typical” right side.
Despite this advantage, because of their difficulty to read, many dyslexics have years of anxiety, frustration, self-consciousness, and more, and do not think of their dyslexia as a good thing, let alone a superpower. If we can help them tap into it, embrace it, and develop it, though, we can help unleash their true potential. And that starts with changing both their own, and the public’s, perspective of dyslexia.
The superpower angle is great, but it lends itself more to those who are younger, so we decided to give the expression a bit more of an adult feel. This shirt both embraces the dyslexic advantage, and encourages others to join you in that understanding through a simple conversation.
So, go ahead, embrace your right side swagger and help the world understand there’s more to dyslexics than “reading is hard.”
MODEL WEARING THIS SHIRT STYLE
This Bella + Canvas shirt is soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton*
- Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
- *Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton/10% polyester.
- *Ash color is 99% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton and 1% poly.
- *Heather Prism Ice Blue is 52% Airlume combed cotton / 48% polyester
- *Rest of the Prism colors are 99% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton and 1% poly.
- Machine wash cold, inside-out, gentle cycle with mild detergent and similar colors.
- Use non-chlorine bleach, only when necessary. No fabric softeners.
- Tumble dry low, or hang-dry for longest life.
- Cool iron inside-out if necessary. Do not iron decoration.
- Do not dry clean.
SIZING, STYLE, FABRIC HELP | DONATIONS HELP | RETURN POLICY HELP | SHIPPING HELP | OTHER HELP
There are no reviews yet.