3 Softness Levels
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Get it. Give it. Wear it. #Share it. Help us make a difference!
Choose an amazing product. We give 33% of proceeds from everything we sell.
Decide where you would like your 33% to go from the causes, schools, and organizations in the drop-down menu.
33% Of those proceeds will be set aside for the cause, school, or organization. Once the threshold for a minimal donation they set is met, we’ll donate it at the end of that month.
In 1 to 7 days we will pick and print the product you chose, just for you.
Once it’s printed and passes our quality standards, we’ll ship it to you via the Live Shipping Option you chose at checkout.
Wear your new gear and advocate in style!
Share a pic of your great new gear on social media and tag us. Your support for the cause and us is greatly appreciated as we build this together.
DEAF CHILD HOPE INTERNATIONAL
Imagine a life where you can only communicate through pointing and body language. Imagine being outcast and treated worse than someone with a highly contagious disease, even though you have no such disease, nor control over being born without the ability to hear.
There is estimated to be over 32 million deaf children in the world. In developing countries, where roughly 80% of deaf children reside, they are frequently overlooked, and even isolated and outcast. Education provided for deaf children in developing countries is rare, and in both Ethiopia and Uganda they are outcast to a greater extent than any other group, including lepers.
FOR MORE INFO HEAD OVER TO WHO.INT
- There are 466 million people in the world with disabling hearing loss.
- The vast majority live in low- and middle-income countries where they often do not have access to appropriate ear and hearing care services.
- 60% of childhood hearing loss is preventable through public health actions.
- Unaddressed hearing loss poses an annual global cost of US$ 750 billion.
- It is estimated that up to five out of every 1000 babies are born with hearing loss or acquire it soon after birth.
- Chronic ear infections are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- When left untreated, chronic ear infections lead to hearing loss and can cause life-threatening complications and mortality.
- Nearly 1 out of every 3 people over 65 years are affected by disabling hearing loss.
- Unless action is taken, by 2030 there will be nearly 630 million people with disabling hearing loss.
- Current production of hearing aids meets less than 10% of the global need, and in developing countries, this figure is less than 3%. It is estimated that there are 72 million people who could potentially benefit from the use of a hearing device.
FOR MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION, HEAD OVER TO DEAFCHILDHOPE.ORG
To reach out to deaf children in poverty conditions around the world with hope by partnering with Christian missions and ministries, and through these partnerships provide food and water, clothing, shelter, educational opportunities, acceptance, encouragement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To come alongside existing mission and ministry organizations currently working with deaf children living in poverty conditions and assist them through child and teacher sponsorships.
- To train and equip mission and ministry organizations currently working with deaf children in the areas of education and teaching of the Gospel.
- To identify and assist existing mission and ministry organizations whom we can lead to reach out to deaf children living in poverty conditions in their community, but do not have the resources or know-how to do so without our assistance.
- Other Initiatives:
- To connect people (sponsors) with children through regular communication via letters (updates, pictures, etc.)
- To provide scholarships for deaf children who desire to further their education.
- To enable the sponsor to pray for, help, and do whatever is possible to bring HOPE to the deaf child and his/her family.
- To be an advocate for deaf children around the world, by raising awareness of the plight of deaf children in developing countries.